Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Has Finally Sprung!

I have been waiting forever for the snow to melt and get warm. I feel like this winter has been so long. I spent the weekend with the fam in STG for conference and my spring break and when I left, it was snowing. It's not as warm as I would like it to be down here right now, but it's tons better than snow. When UVU was on there spring break, I spent some time with my friend Sydney and we went and flew kites! I can't remember the last time I flew kites and it was so much fun. I think the last time I flew kites was sometime when I was in high school. There are a couple of pictures of us flying our kites. I got a princess kite :) It makes me happy. Sometimes, it's just fun to revert back to being a kid. I don't do that very often because I teach kids for my career. Below are some pictures of me and my kite-flying experiences. I actually did get it stuck in the tree once and had a time getting it out. But I got it out without me ripping it! SUCCESS! We spent some time playing on the swings as well. I used to spend a lot of time a park called Vernon Worthen Park when I lived in STG. I would go there during my breaks from work and when I needed to think I would go sit on the swings. I think I need to start doing that again...

me on the swings!
Sydney and me on the swings

my kite stuck in the tree :(

me and buddy the dog

No comments: