Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lake Powell

For the first time, I finally got a chance to go to Lake Powell. And it was just what I needed. Relaxation away from life and the chance to meet new people. It was a lot of fun. I drove up from STG, on a Sunday, arrived at 8PM, and stayed through Wednesday morning. We wake boarded, water skied, jet-skied, tubed, lounged around the houseboat, and slept on top of the houseboat under the stars. It was really pretty; although, the sun gets up way too early without any mountains to block it. Wake boarding 8AM

Dancing on the boat...notice the guys behind us :)

Chilling on the boat eating Otter Pops (I ate so many)

I had one of the guys take me out on the jet-ski, and before we were even out of sight of the houseboat, maybe 2 minutes, he dumped me into the lake and himself by flipping it. He ended up partially sinking the jet ski and it wouldn't start. I just layed in the lake laughing hysterically. They had to tow it back to the houseboat with the other jet ski and ended up spending an hour fixing it. I showered while they fixed it :)

I wake boarded again which I was totally stoked about. I hadn't wake boarded since 2008 and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get back up again. I didn't have the chance to get to the lake last year so it had been about two years since I had been; but, I got right up and did quite well the first day. The second day I didn't do so well because I was so sore. I woke up that morning and I swear every muscle in my body ached. But luckily we had enough guys willing to give us massages. :) I spent the entire time with no make-up on, one shower in 3 days, my hair piled on top of my head, and my days spent in a swim suit. Loved it! I hope to be able to do it again next summer!

2nd day wake boarding

My crash....

No comments: