Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Been a While


So it's been quite a while since I have been decided there's been anything worthwhile to blog. About a month actually. My friend Tawny brought it to my attention today that it was time to blog something new; so I decided I'll just make this a random one. All last week during school we had spirit week. The kids dressed up as super heros one day and one and my crazy students wore a super hero contest of one of the ninja turtles. When he walked into class with his turtle shell and eye band, I just about busted a gut. (Posted is a pic). He ended up taking the shell off because it was too hot! He reminds me so much of my little brother, Ryan, when he was that age. Small, braces, short, full of life, and funny. He can always make me laugh and when I try and get mad at him for talking too much, sometimes I can't stay serious. That class is total fun. On Friday, we had an assembly where all of the classes, 7th, 8th, 9th, and teachers competed against each other. We had a pie eating contest, over-under basketball, dress-up relay, and a water balloon toss. I did the water balloon toss and got about 3/4 of the way across the gym before I threw it too low. My bad. But, of course, the teachers won. It was great fun against the kids and fun for them to see me in a different light instead as my authoritative teacher.

No comments: