Saturday, October 13, 2012

Betrayal

I used to have an amazing friend that I met through visiting teaching in Saint George when I got home from my mission. We had a lot of fun times and I was introduced to my love of Diet Coke through her. I became really good friends with her entire family and even some extended family. We had been friends for over five years. I wrote her on her mission and received great support and beautiful flowers when my father passed away. In fact she was one of my best friends, one I could tell anything to and truly trusted. It's is amazing for me because I have always had trust issues with a lot of people throughout my life. Males and females alike. 
In high school, I was betrayed by people who I thought were my friends and had a very difficult start when I loved to Utah. I have great roommates throughout college but had difficulty finding true friends and roommates when I graduated from college and moved to borer Utah. But this particular friend was one I would always call, text, and could rely on.
Through unforeseen circumstances, a dress was misplaced before my wedding. I looked everywhere for it and could not find it. I have no idea what happened between the twelve hours between not bing ble to find the dress or my sealing, but she nor her family did not come to my sealing nor my luncheon. I did not figure out that she was not in attendance at my sealing until Chris and I were in the car on our way to our luncheon. I think this was a blessing in disguise that I did not learn of this until after we had left the temple. I didn't really concentrate on it until after our honeymoon.
After my honeymoon, I called, text, and tried to get in contact with her but to no avail. A couple weeks later I found out, through my sister-in-law, through friends you may know on Facebook, that she had taken me off her friends' account. Then today, I found out that I was blocked. 
Now I'm not telling this sory to talk bad about her or vent or say how I am. More than that I'm more hurt than anything. From my knowledge and perspective, I didn't do anything wrong or if I did, I have no  recollection. I truly value my friendships, and losing one of the best ones I'd had is hurtful and disconcerting. After these kinds of experiences, I, unfortunately, don't want to take the time and effort to make new friends, but know that through time and effort I can have good friendships. Over the past few years, since the death of my dad, my best friends have become my husband and my family. I'm grateful for the closeness we have with one anothe, and especially that we will be a family forever in the eternities to come. 

No comments: